You love your silver jewelry – it looks stunning and is long-lasting. So you wouldn’t want your precious sterling silver ankle bracelets to tarnish once they come in contact with humidity. And what usually happens after that is, the tarnish builds up and turns black, ruining the look of your jewelry.
Luckily, there are many ways to restoring your silver jewelry to its former gleaming glory quickly.
What You Need:
A bowl or jar that can hold your silver jewellery
Aluminium foil, the size of the base of the bowl or jar
A soft cloth
1. Fill the utensil of your preference – bowl or jar – with water.
2. Add a few tbsp of salt to it and mix well.
3. Either cover the base of your utensil with aluminium foil, or cut it into strips and drop them in it.
4. Add your silver jewelry to it.
5. Shake or swish the jewelry for a few minutes.
6. Leave it in the water for about 7-10 minutes.
7. Finally remove it and rinse with running water.
The foil acts as a magnet when combined with the salty water and gets rid of the black tarnish. If it doesn’t remove it in one go, repeat till your sterling silver jewelry looks as radiant as new.